Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Creating A Buzz

KFC is introducing a new TV advertisement today (featured below) which is supposedly embedded with the Mosquito Tone. Set at an extremely high frequency, the mosquito tone is allegedly too high-pitched for many adults to hear. It is true however that most people begin to lose the ability to hear high frequency tones starting at age 20.

Can you hear this buzz? My guess is yes, no matter what your age. KFC may have simply used the "buzz" around the mosquito tone to bring controversy to the campaign.

3 comments:

fat drunk and happy said...

I actually heard it. It wasn't a buzz. Just like a loud tone about halfway through it.

Anonymous said...

I heard it too. But I think the tone was put in on purpose, as you've said. Kind of makes you feel like you're in the "in" crowd.

Unknown said...

I heard it on this video but I've seen the commercial several times on tv and never heard it.